Power BI for Office 365 is a cloud based self-service business intelligence solution that collaborates existing Excel capabilities with additional powerful data modelling and visualization capabilities.
Features of Power-BI
- Power Query : This is an Excel add-in that enables discovery & transformation of data. Data can be imported from both internal and external sources.
- Power Pivot : Its a self-service Business Intelligence Excel add-in for data modelling and data clean-up. It consists of both a client-side component (PowerPivot for Excel) and also a server side component (Power Pivot for SharePoint).
- Power View : A feature of Excel and an add-in to SharePoint which enables creation of interactive charts, graphs, maps and other powerful visualizations to form a dashboard.
- Power Map : An Excel add-in that creates interactive 3D visualizations of geographic data.
- Power BI Sites : Collaborative Business Intelligence workspaces in Office 365 for sharing data, queries, insights, workbooks & dashboards with colleagues. Data is kept up-to-date with connectivity and refresh back to on-premises data sources.
- Q&A : This offers natural language query capabilities that enable end users to ask questions and get answers displayed with interactive charts and graphs based on available data.
More learning on Q&A , please click here..
- Mobile BI : Mobile device support on Windows 8 & Windows RT for data visualization using HTML5.
More reading on new features .. Power BI dashboards , Power BI Designer Please click here